Based in Johannesburg
Dead Run is an intense one-touch zombie runner that will test your reactions! In a split second, you must kill zombies... But not survivors! Sounds easy? Can you tell a face-muncher from a friendly in a split second? Can you live with the blood of the few to save the many? Can you focus while fatigue sets in? Is it a zombie or -AAAHHHH!! GAHDAMNIT!! AGAIN!!
We love games that play with your emotions, but those games are usually massive and narrative driven, so we made Dead Run as an experiment with these few goals: 1) To make a game with as few parts as possible 2) While maximising the emotional engagement with the player and 3) Polish the crap out of it. It was conceived around the time of Flappy Bird, but it's not a #FlappyJam clone at all. Originally, we set aside two weeks to make the game (two weeks in 9 to 5 land), as an exercise. After much support and positive response, we decided to take the game, in all its minimalism, to the polish mill and finish it. In July 2014, Twoplus Games was officially formed, and we went on to complete Dead Run as our first baby.
- Simple, one-tap controls.
- Hard-as-nails, split-second, heart-attack-inducing gameplay.
- Hand-crafted pixel graphics design. Check out the day/night cycle!
- Tense, oppressive original score by Tim Harbour.
- Numerous fun, difficult, and humourous achievements and hats to unlock.
- Work with the rest of the world to unlock achievements (and hats!)
Dead Run Launch Trailer YouTube
Alpha gameplay footage YouTube
The Indie Block - Dead Run Alpha gameplay YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "This is devlishly hard, it might look easy, it's not. This is more stressful than it may seem!"
- Gerhard Davids, Scavenge Fight Build
- "So. Addictive! Please make an iPad build so i can stop working all together :P"
- Zoe Hawkins, MakeGamesSA
- "I stared at the edge of the game window so long it started having an optical illusion where it seemed like the sides of the window were expanding XD"
- Gibbo, MakeGamesSA
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Request promo copy via Distribute()
Using Vlambeer's cool Distribute(), you can very easily reuqest a promo copy of the game for press purposes. dodistribute.com.
We kept some semblence of record during our development, with an ensemble of animated GIFs. Read it here: tuism.com.
An intimate and very educational journey of Dead Run in our game dev community. makegamessa.com.
About Twoplus Games
Twoplus Games is a South African multidisciplinary independent game studio - game art, board games, video games, VR, we dabble with the focus on making games for friends!
More information on Twoplus Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Dead Run Credits
Game Designer & Artist, Twoplus Games
Loet Jansen van Rensburg
Game Designer, Developer